« Home | The Official Ablaze! Firefighter Gets His Uniform » | Unexpected Phone Calls, Sorrow, And The Comfort Of... » | Another Soul Winning Church? » | Nearest Book Meme, Part 2 » | Lutheran Carnival LXX » | Lenten Hymnody, The Windsor Saucepan Of The Liturg... » | A Great Follow Up Post Over At Thinking Out Loud » | The Evangelistic Triad Question… » | 'Soul Winning' Congregations? » | Saint Valentine » 

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 

Bad News

I received some bad news last night. My dear friend Anne called me to say that I needed to move up my arrival to visit Les as he was no longer responding to dialysis treatments for kidney failure. I drove all night long to be there for my friends. thirteen hours in a car just ain't fun anymore.

Needless to say I’m about exhausted. Please keep the whole family in your prayers, they’ll surely need it over the next few days. I still don’t know what to say to or for them though. Right now I'm just listening to whichever one of them that wants to talk. Maybe that’s the point and I need not follow the advice of Job’s friends who while well intentioned, proved that running one’s mouth isn't always the best way to comfort someone.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Frank Gillespie
  • From The Haut South
  • Confessional Lutheran
My profile

Links




Powered by Blogger