Friday, December 26, 2008

Pope Decries Selfishness, Me Too!

According to the AP the pope has decried selfishness. From the first paragraph of the story;

Pope Benedict XVI warned in his Christmas message Thursday that the world was headed toward ruin if selfishness prevails over solidarity during tough economic times for rich and poor nations.

I agree with the pope that selfishness is appalling. During this time of the year that we focus on the Christ child who will save all who would believe through his substitutionary atonement on the cursed tree, we should put aside our selfishness and try become more Christ like.

I can think of no better way for the bishop of Rome to set the very best of examples than to finally, once and for all, empty purgatory and limbo of all the souls that he says reside there.

It is time to end the selfishness of the Holy See itself and let those poor souls be with their Lord. Since the pope has reserved to himself alone the power to remit the entire satisfaction of those ensnared just short of heaven, what better way demonstrate selflessness over selfishness this Christmas season.

Should Pope Benedict take this bold step I will pledge to stop photoshopping his picture into Emperor Palpatine photos. See, it’s a bargain all the way around.

Oh, one more thing; I’m not the first to make this humble request. See Thesis 82 and Smalcald Articles III, Of the False Repentance of the Papists penned by Dr. Luther.

2 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I accidentally deleted your link from my page (that's how I know who has made updates and the like) so I haven't been here in a while. I'm so glad you sent me a comment the other day as it reminded me that you still exist.

Good luck with the Pope. It got Luther into a whole mess of trouble at work.

Frank Gillespie said...

“I accidentally deleted your link from my page (that's how I know who has made updates and the like) so I haven't been here in a while.”

I was wondering why you hadn’t commented in a while. I just assumed that things had just gotten busy up there. What ever the reason, I glad your back!