Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful? Thankful For What?

Thankful? Thankful for what?

I’ve got a bunch to be thankful for this week; lots of good food, good drink, good conversations over tomorrow’s dinner.

My favorite niece, Valerie, is home for a visit from internship and I’m thankful we’ll get to spend some time together.

My big sis is driving down from the land of ice and snow giants and I’m thankful that we’ll get to spend time with her. I don’t often get up to old orphanarium so anytime we can get together it’s a treat.

I’m always thankful for my missus even if I don't tell her often enough.

And finally, I’m thankful that I have a faithful pastor who purely preaches God’s Word, and rightly administers the Sacraments. Without Christ’s salvific work at the cross and His Church doing what she was commissioned to do, all that I’m thankful for would be worthless.

No comments: