Monday, September 18, 2006

My Acceptance Speech

Here's what I said: "I, first of all would like to thank the academy. For without them, none of my dreams would have been realized. Then I would like to thank all of my peeps out there for their support (sniffle) of my high sarcasm that has made this day possible. Finally I want to thank Jesus. For without him, my bold and unapologetic sinning would have surely put me in the lowest pits of hell. This award is for you Jesus, (sniffle) it's for you. Thank you all...."

Would anyone like to guess why I would make such an acceptance speech? I'll make it interesting, an official Putting Out The Fire t-shirt to the first person who sends me an email with the correct answer. Those who are excluded from said contest: you know who you are, nuff said!

4 comments:

Mutti said...

Did you get a golden Ardie?

Frank Gillespie said...

Mutti, last time I checked, golden Ardie's are given out for writing good posts. I'm just now getting caught up and back on track from my July vacation. My posts have been few and far between and not even that good to boot. Nope, that's not it. :)

Twice Burned said...

Hmmm... "my high sarcasm that has made this day possible" and "This award is for you Jesus."

I'm going to take a stab at it and say you have spoken the truth, albeit sarcastically, in love and somebody has taken offense, not realizing it is the Cross which really offends them.

Okay, so it's more like fishing for clues than it is an outright guess... am I getting warm?

Frank Gillespie said...

Sorry Twiced Burned,
That is fishing which of course is not allowed here, sorry:)
But, rest assured nobody has been offended by me, this time.