Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Appointed...

I've been appointed to the position of Webmaster for my church by the out going president of my congregation. It's sort of cool that I'll be the first "official" webmaster. We are losing the unofficial webmaster, "E", who really got the web page up and running, to a job change that will relocate him and his family to the Midwest. "E" and I really saw eye to eye when it came to using the internet as an evangelism tool.

The days of waiting till you are relocated to find a church are long gone. As someone who used to travel for sometimes weeks at a time, I know that more and more people look to the web to find a church. The web has the opportunity to be really the cheapest way to reach folks. I know it beats paying the local newspaper seven or eight hundred dollars for ads during Advent and Lent. So I guess now I'll get to help folks find our little confessional liturgical congregation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need any input, just ask. I'm going to have to train someone to do that very thing for our website when I am gone.

Frank Gillespie said...

Thanks Jason. We need to probably get together before you go west.

Frank Gillespie said...

Anonymous,
Right now you can't see my work. I still learning the ropes to take over when "E" leaves. But I hope to be up to speed soon. I'll keep everyone posted. If I forget, remind me.