Monday, January 30, 2006

Joel Osteen Came To Town

Joel Osteen came to town over the weekend. I did not go see him Friday night. I feel like I really missed out on my opportunity to have my best life NOW. I just feel like a whiner not a winner, a victim as opposed to a victor.

I'm sure there are others who have not made a conscious decision, an act of will, and maintained an attitude of expectancy and kept our minds filled with thoughts of hope. So, with this in mind, I'll share this quote from Joel Osteen's bestseller Your Best Life Now, pg 262

"God is keeping a record of every good deed you’ve ever done. He is keeping a record of every seed you’ve ever sown. You may think it went unnoticed, but God saw it. And in your time of need, He will make sure that somebody is there to help you. Your generous gifts will come back to you. God has seen every smile you’ve ever given to a hurting person. He’s observed every time you went out of the way to lend a helping hand. God has witnessed when you have given sacrificially, even giving money that perhaps you needed desperately for yourself or your family. God is keeping those records. Some people will tell you that it doesn’t make any difference whether you give or not, or that it doesn’t do any good. But don’t listen to those lies. God has promised that your generous gifts will come back to you. In your time of need, because of your generosity, God will move heaven and earth to make sure you are taken care of."

I missed more than just tapping into the prosperity God has set aside for me, I missed hearing about Santa Claus. All because the riff raff I hang out with wanted study a two thousand year old Lukan text. Oh well, maybe Joyce Meyers will come to town next month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya know how the Ablaze Calculator has the tagline: "Finally, an outreach program the Mormans can use", well it looks like Mr Osteen has that beat by a mile.

If you were to read that quote to me and not tell who said it, I swear that I couldn't tell the difference between it and Hinduism.