Thursday, December 08, 2005

A Cold Place in Hell, I Hope!

I ran across this at Bunnie Diehl's site this morning. http://bunniediehl.worldmagblog.com/bunniediehl/. Boy, I really really hope there is a cold level in hell for people like this!

Think you've heard it all when it comes to the war on Christmas? Not if you haven't heard what a Wisconsin public school has done to "Silent Night."
The powers that be at Ridgeway Elementary, it seems, were so offended by the lyrics to the song, which detail the miracle of Christ's birth, that they rewrote them. The version to be performed by children during this year's "winter program" is called "Cold in the Night" and goes something like this:
"Cold in the night, no one in sight/winter winds whirl and bite/How I wish I were happy and warm/safe with my family, out of the storm."

No comments: