« Home | Jesus Didn’t Love Me… » | Move Along Folks, No Rage Here » | Lutheran Carnival LXV » | Get Out Of Church » | Giving Emergents Equal Time? » | Will Huckabee Be Left Behind? » | Peaceful Mohammadians’ Culture Under Attack » | There Are Those Who Believe, » | Hoping For Romney? » | But What Do They Do For Fun? » 

Friday, December 21, 2007 

My Favorite Xmas Narrative

Taking a lead from this and this, I’d like to share my favorite Xmas narrative from first chapter of Mark, verses 49-52;

Come they told me, 
A new born King to see, Our finest gifts we bring, 
To lay before the King, So to honor Him, 
When we come. 

Little Baby, 
I am a poor boy too, 
I have no gift to bring, 
That's fit to give the King, 

Shall I play for you, 
On my drum? 

Mary nodded, 
The ox and lamb kept time, 
I played my drum for Him,
I played my best for Him,
 Then He smiled at me, Me and my drum. 


So, what’s your favorite Xmas narrative?

The verses following your favs….where the wise men exclaim “We three kings of Orient are; Bearing gifts we traverse afar, Field and fountain, moor and mountain, Following yonder star…”

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Frank Gillespie
  • From The Haut South
  • Confessional Lutheran
My profile

Links




Powered by Blogger