Friday, August 14, 2009

The Lords Of Kobol Are Happy

The Lords of Kobol are going to be a happy, happy bunch with Variety reporting:

Universal Pictures has set Bryan Singer to direct and produce a feature version of "Battlestar Galactica," confirming a report on the Hitfix website.

"Battlestar Galactica" appears to be on a fast track and sources said that Singer could be looking at a $10 million paycheck to sign on to the film.

Heh, I wonder if Singer will make the missus happy by making Starbuck a guy again.

For those of you who are new readers, I posted a good bit of Battlestar Galactica last year mostly because of Mitt Romney’s fail attempt to be the president of the United States. Romney being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints allowed me to comment on political matters which I traditionally avoid here at the Official Ablaze! Firefighter’s® blog. Here’s a link to a post I wrote discussing Ron Moore ‘s reimagined BSG giving a shout out to the Mormon legends that the original series creator Glen Larson sees as theological fact.

The Mormons have always fascinated me for a couple of reasons. The first reason being is that they are clearly the most successful of the made in America religions. The second reason they have always piqued my curiosity is their temple worship which bears a striking resemblance to a certain cult of which I used to be a member (a future post to be certain).

Just the thought of a Battlestar Galactica movie has me giddy with the idea of new posts on the theology of the sons of Kobol.

2 comments:

Steve Martin said...

Looking forward to your posts on the sons of Kobol!

And more on the cult to which you used to belong.

Frank Gillespie said...

“And more on the cult to which you used to belong.”
Steve, for once I’m not exaggerating or using hyperbole as a literary device. I need think a bit more about how I need to frame the post as it will include more than a few pieces of a very large puzzle.