Sunday, May 10, 2009

New Sunday School Rules

Here’s how the conversation went down:

Me: What the heck did you just say?

Student: What?

Me: I said, what the heck did you just say?

Future Church Worker: Are you saying you don’t like Bon Jovi?

Me: First rule of Mr. Gillespie’s Sunday school class; you do not quote big hair bands!

FCW: But the song is about prayer..

Me: The second rule of Mr. Gillespie’s Sunday school class; you do NOT quote big hair bands!

Student: I like Poison, are they ok?

Me: Get out of my class, now!

5 comments:

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

The first rule about hair bands: don't talk about hair bands. :)

Heidi said...

what sort of retro kids you got at your church?

man! bon jovi and poison were big when i was a teen, but in my defense, all 80s music sucked and i was a hormonal teenage girl!

although, i still find jon bon jovi hot ;)

Frank Gillespie said...

Saying you like Poison is sort of like saying that you like Van Hagar over the DLR led Van Halen, it’s just crazy talk. What kind of kids are parents raising these days?

Red, in actuality, I'm more concerned with a future church worker. The youth being misguided is one thing but to have an adult say with a serious face anything good about a hair band… that’s like…wow.

ghp said...

Well, I must admit that I likes me my Hair Metal, Frank, Poison included. Def Lep (though not strictly speaking late 80's Hair Metal) & GnR (certainly not Hair Metal...), too.

You are correct, though, about Van Halen's obvious supremacy over Van Hagar.

;^)

Frank Gillespie said...

“Well, I must admit that I likes me my Hair Metal”

Thankfully, all our sins are forgiven, even those sins we are not even aware of!