Friday, July 25, 2008

The Name Of Frank, A Weapon Of Choice?


In the last two days I’ve had bizarre conversations that just have me scratching my head.

The day before last I was chatting on the phone with a friend who made mention that my name had recently come up in a conversation.

“Uh, why exactly did my name come up” I asked.

“Oh, you know, I brought up your name, sort of like a weapon, because I was making a point and brought up you because you are the most cynical person that I know!” was the response.

I’ve never thought my name would ever be used or even thought of as a weapon! I know for a fact that my name has been used as a curse as well as cursed on more than one occasion, but used as a weapon, wow.

And what’s the deal with calling me a cynic? Just because I agree with the Calvinists concerning the whole total depravity thingy? Hey, as a member of the priestly caste who happens to be a friend of mine says; “A person who believes in total depravity can’t be all bad!”

Anyhoo, the more I thought about my name being used as a weapon the more I started to laugh about it. The more I started to laugh the more Fatboy Slim’s Weapon of Choice video kept popping into my head. The video stars one of my favorite actors Christopher Walken in all his dancing glory. So I thought I’d share my second favorite Christopher Walken short with ya’ll. What’s my favorite Walken skit? “I need more cowbell”, of course.

Enjoy Weapon of Choice.


No comments: