Thursday, October 18, 2007

Killer Search

One of the things I love about Sitemeter, aside from the fact that I can track dolts who think they can comment anonymously while railing against the same, is seeing how folks find my site. Lately, search engines have been directing people my way when they type in the usual “How to put out a fire,” “Ablaze!”, and “National youth gatherings.” All of that is expected of course given the singular focus of this blog.

But yesterday somebody typed in “5 ways to kill a man what does psychopath refer to?” into Google and I came up as hit number 2 of 58,100 possible sites. The reason I was even in the queue was because of my post entitled ”The Death Of Captain America And The Church Growth Movement” (sort of timely considering the preceding post) where I wrote “Alienation is one of the quickest ways to kill readership whether the character be a Harry Potter or a Steve Rogers.” Uh, for that sentence I'm the second hit?

My only question is who the heck enters “5 ways to kill a man what does psychopath refer to?” and expects to get a good answer from Google? Wow, fallen world indeed.

4 comments:

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

And now said killer and his psychopathic friends will find your site even more often. :P

Frank Gillespie said...

Hm, If that's the case, I wonder if this counts as a critical event?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm already converted. Heh, as the guilty party to the mentioned search, I wanted to reassure you that you will not have to worry about any psychopaths on the hunt...I came across a poem by Edwin Brock entitled "5 Ways to Kill a Man" (fascinating poem, by the way--I would recommend it). It alludes to various historical periods and mentions a psychopath. I was merely curious as to whether Google would turn up some speculations about the specifics of this reference. I originally decided to post to say that the world may not be quite as fallen as you thought, but then I realized that ironically the poem is actually pointing out mankind's increasing inhumanity...so your final conclusion that it is, indeed, a fallen world remains quite relevant.

Frank Gillespie said...

Anonymous,
well, that's a relief! I've gotten a number of hits off that search. Is Brock's poam new?