Thursday, December 28, 2006

I Know I Shouldn't, But...

I know I shouldn’t but…

I was surfing the LCMS site yesterday looking for “critical event” stuff and found two news stories on the front page.

The first story touts my beloved synod’s “Fan Into Flame” fundraising efforts. (Of course Ablaze! isn’t a fundraising campaign per se…it’s a movement!) Apparently, this new, unlike any other, campaign is doing worlds of good in the Texas and Southern Wisconsin districts. So maybe I was wrong. Maybe fire is a good thing. Maybe.

The second story shows that fire can indeed take out an entire retirement home. I wonder if anybody had the desire to run back into the burning building and sing a verse or two of “Come Lord Jesus, walk with me!” I somehow doubt it. So maybe I was right about fire being bad… hmm.

This is as bad as when the Discovery Channel placed a show entitled “The Big Sting” right after an episode of the “Crocodile Hunter” just two weeks after Steve Irwin’s untimely death at the sharp end of a stingray.

It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

No comments: