Monday, March 02, 2009

Lenten Hymnody From The Treasury of Daily Prayer

From the awesome Treasury of Daily Prayer:

Lord, ‘tis not that I did choose Thee;
That, I know, could never be;
For this heart would still refuse Thee
had Thy grace not chosen me.
Thou hast from the sin that stained me
Washed and cleansed and set me free
And unto this end ordained me,
That I ever live to Thee


- Lord, ‘Tis Not That I Did Choose Thee
Lutheran Service Book 573:1

I’m continually amazed as I travel though the historic Church year with the Treasury of Daily Prayer at how much the editors crammed in this book. What a true blessing this devotional resource is in it’s use of Psalms, Old and New Scripture readings as well as selected writings from church fathers and hymnody.

I wonder if anyone thought of doing an audio version of something like the TDP?

No comments: